Greek materials, ancient and modern
A collection of links to resources for online and computer-based
learning Greek, ancient and modern. Included below are some Parley
files translated from other sources, with links to the original sources.
- Ancient Greek Tutorials, by Donald J. Mastronarde with the assistance of the Berkeley Language Center of the University of California, Berkeley.
ClassicalMyth.com by Stephen M. Trzaskoma, materials available for the study of ancient Greek on the web
- Some ancient Greek podcasts from Kendrick revision.
- J. Rietveld's mouse-sized grammar of ancient Greek, for persons aiming to read the ancient authors
- Elpenor's Greek Word Course
tries to follow the intimate relationship between Greek language and
the life incorporated in it, by studying the most significant aspects
of this relationship - poetry, philosophy and theology.
Learning Greek: Online Greek Grammar Learning Tools and Study Aids -
links to explanatory grammatical pages and grammatical charts that may
help you learn or review Biblical Greek grammar.
Books and reading materials
Greek language files for Parley, ancient and modern
These files should work with Parley and also with KWordQuiz, Kanagram and KHangman, which are all part of the KDE Educational Project. Below is a set of files from the Mnemosyne Project that I have translated into kvtml files for use with Parley.
- Modern Greek-English Greek.kvtml, 25 Lessons, 1705 Entries by sky croeser
If you find Greek text files on the internet or elswhere that display as gibberish, then the Linux utility "iconv" might work. iconv --list will display a long list of encodings and the command iconv --from-code=ISO-8859-7 --to-code=UTF-8 greek.txt > english.txt should change the encoding from ISO-8859-7 to Unicode (Windows-1253 is another common Greek encoding).